Activate Network Accounts
Your University ID is a unique identifier assigned to you and should be safeguarded as it allows access to your personal university accounts and information. Once you are enrolled as a student or entered into the University database as an employee, you will be provided your University ID.
Student accounts are available to be activated according to the following schedule:
- Undergraduates: Information is mailed upon receipt of initial deposit, but no earlier than March for incoming first-year students.
- Law school students: Information is mailed upon receipt of initial deposit.
- School of Professional and Continuing Studies: Information is mailed upon receipt of application.
Faculty and staff accounts are available at noon or midnight after Human Resources has entered the employee data into the University database.
All new Faculty, Staff, and Students must first activate their network account (NetID) online before they will have access to network resources. Note: Faculty, staff, and students that are returning to the University should disregard the following steps and must call the Help Desk to re-activate the network account.
- To activate the account, go to: https://wwws.richmond.edu/webpass. On the home page, click on the Create New Account button.
- Enter the University ID and date of birth in the format MM/DD/YYYY. Click Create your Netid.
- Set a new passphrase for the network account. The passphrase must be a minimum of 16 characters, contain at least one capital letter, one lower case letter, and one number. Click change password.
- If the passphrase is set correctly, you will see the message that "Your request was completed." Click the Next button.
- You will then be presented with an Account summary page. From here, you will be able to see your NetID and Email Address. Once you are done reviewing this information, click on the Back button.
- Next, you will need to set security questions for your account. Click Password Reset Questions.
- Select 3 different questions from the drop down lists and enter the answers. Click Save My Answers.