What is Box?
Box is an encrypted, cloud-based file storage and collaboration platform that enables faculty, staff and students to securely store and share electronic business and academic files.
With Box you can:
- Access your files from anywhere, anytime, from almost any device by going to http://box.richmond.edu
- Share documents by sending links that can include expiration dates or passwords
- Collaborate by inviting other Box users to access to your folders; group-editing documents; adding comments; or assigning tasks
- Find documents easily by using Box's full-text search feature
- Restore your own deleted files for up to 90 days
Usage Practices and Security
Box @ Richmond MAY NOT be used to store or transmit files that contain credit card information. However, Box CAN be used to securely store and collaborate on practically any other type of academic or business-related information. Box @ Richmond is FERPA compliant. Box has powerful collaboration features and just as with email, we are each responsible for what we share and with whom. The use of Box @ Richmond is governed by University policies and applicable laws. Your use of this service constitutes your agreement to read and abide by these policies and associated restrictions. For questions, contact email@example.com.
- UNLIMITED cloud storage space per person
- Ability to upload large files (up to 15 GB)
- Access your files from mobile devices
- Search feature available for your documents
- Track document changes with versioning
- Lock files to guarantee single user editing
- Replace email attachments with shared links
- Maintain conversation history by adding comments to documents
- Utilize project management functions such as task assignments and due dates
- University approved plug-ins and apps available from Box.com