Apple Mail (Mac OS X 10.11) Setup for Students
- Click on the Apple icon and select System Preferences.
- Click on Internet Accounts.
- Choose the option for Add Other Account... from the bottom of the list.
- Select the option for Add a Mail account and click Create.
- Enter your full name, email address, and password. Click Create.
- You will be prompted that the Account must be manually configured. Click Next.
- Enter the incoming mail server information as seen below and then click Next.
- Enter the Outgoing mail server information as seen below and then click Create.
- The mail account will now show up in your list of Internet Accounts. Click on the newly added account.
- A University of Richmond login window will appear. Enter your NetID and password and then click Login. Once this is complete, your account will then be added to the Mail application.
Your email will begin to download. If you have any issues with entering the Gmail server settings, visit our IMAP settings.