Apple Mail (Mac OS X 10.8) Setup for Students
- Open Mail. Click on Mail in the menu bar and then select Preferences.
- Select the Accounts option and then click on the plus sign (+) at the lower bottom left.
- Enter your full name, email address and password in the fields as shown below. Click Continue.
- A field will appear for you to enter a username. Enter your full email address as the username. Click Continue and then Continue once more.
- Select IMAP for the Account type. Enter a description of your choice for the mail account. Enter imap.gmail.com for the Incoming Mail Server. Press Continue.
- For the Outgoing Mail Server use smtp.gmail.com. Make sure to check Use Authentication and then enter your email address and password in the fields as shown below. Click Continue.
- Verify your account settings and then click Create. Your email will begin to download.
If you have any issues with the account Setup, visit our IMAP settings to complete the configuration manually.