Apple Mail (Mac OS X 10.9) Setup for Students
- Open Mail and click on Mail in the menu bar. Choose Add Account.
- Select Add Other Mail Acocunt... and press Continue.
- Fill out the fields with your name, email address, and password, and then press Create.
- The window will refresh and a message will appear stating that the account must be manually configured. Press Next.
- For Incoming Mail Server Info, select IMAP and enter imap.gmail.com as the server. Fill in your full email address as the username and enter your password and then press Next.
- For outgoing mail server info, enter smtp.gmail.com for the SMTP server. Fill in your full email address as the username and enter your password and then press Create.
Your email will begin to download. If you have any issues with entering the Gmail server settings, visit our IMAP settings.