Mobile Device and Mail Client IMAP Settings
You can use the following settings to configure Blackberrys, iPhones/iPads/iPods, Androids, other mobile devices or e-mail clients such as Outlook, Apple Mail, Windows Mail, etc. to receive e-mail from your University of Richmond Gmail account. For more information on configuring specific e-mail clients, see the Google Supported IMAP Client List.
Enable IMAP in Gmail:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Gmail settings at the top of any Gmail page.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
Use the following settings to configure your e-mail client:
- Account Type: If the device/client has a built in Gmail setting, use that account type, otherwise select IMAP.
- Address: Your University of Richmond e-mail address (i.e. email@example.com)
- User Name: Your University of Richmond e-mail address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your network password.
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com (SSL: Enabled)
- Outgoing Mail Server (On Campus): smtp.richmond.edu (SSL: Enabled | Authentication: None)
- Outgoing Mail Server (Off Campus): smtp.gmail.com (SSL: Enabled | Authentication: Username/Password)