Outlook 2016 for Mac Setup for Students
- Open Microsoft Outlook, click Outlook, in the menu bar and then select Preferences.
- In Outlook Preferences, select Accounts.
- Select Other Email.
- Enter your full email address. Click in to the password text field.
- The window will expand as shown below. Enter the account information, including your password and your email address in the user name field. Also, the type should be IMAP, the incoming server is imap.gmail.com and outgoing server is smtp.gmail.com. Use SSL to connect should also be checked for both servers. Click Add Account.
- Your account will now be setup. Close the accounts window and your email will begin to download.
Your email will begin to download. If you have any issues with entering the Gmail server settings, visit our IMAP settings.