Outlook 2016 Setup for Students
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2016.
- Select the File tab.
- Select Add Account.
- Choose Manual Setup or Additional Server Types and press Next.
- Choose POP or IMAP and click Next.
- Enter your information into the proper fields, as shown below, and then click More Settings....
- Navigate to the Outgoing Server tab and check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box. Also, enable the Use Same settings as my incoming mail server radio button.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and set both the Incoming server and Outgoing server to use SSL encryption. Enter the port number for the Incoming server (IMAP) to 993 and the port number for the Outgoing server (SMTP) to 465.
- Click OK and then press Next. A short test will run to verify your account settings and then click Close.
- Press Finish to complete the setup.
Your email will begin to download. If there are any issues, verify your IMAP settings.