Creating a Spam Filter in Apple Mail
(Mac OS X 10.8 or later)
- If you don't have a Junk folder, create one by clicking the "Plus" at the bottom left.
- Click on the Mail menu and then select Preferences.
- Navigate to the Rules tab and click add rule.
- In description, name it Spam filter. In the drop down menu highlighted below, select Edit Header List.
- Click the plus sign and type exactly X-Spam-Level. Click OK.
- Configure the settings for the rule as shown below. Select the newly created X-Spam-Level from the drop down menu. Put in five s's: sssss. In the next menu, choose Move Message and select the Junk E-mail folder from the folder list. Press OK.
- If you are prompted to run the rule on the items in your inbox, click OK.