If you were directed to this page because of an infection, or if you believe that your computer is infected with malware, please follow instructions below to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and clean your computer. Please contact the Helpdesk at 804-287-6400 if you have any questions or problems with running Malwarebytes.
- Navigate to malwarebytes.org click on the link to download and run the free version.
- Once downloaded, Setup will run. Choose your language and press OK.
- At the welcome screen, press Next.
- Read and accept the License Agreement and press Next.
- Press Next on the Information screen.
- Press Next at the Destination Location window.
- Choose your Start Menu preferences and press Next.
- Choose which icons you would like and press Next.
- Review your install options and press Install.
- When setup is finished completing, UNCHECK "Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO".
- Once the Malwarebytes database finishes updating and the program launches, choose Full Scan and press Scan.
- At the Select Drives window, select all drives except your CD drive and press Scan.
- A full scan of Malwarebytes should begin. The scan could run for a few hours depending on how much data is on your hard drive.
- When the scan completes, click OK and the Show Results to view the results of the scan.
- Check all items that Malwarebytes found (to select all, right click anywhere and choose Check All). Click Remove Selected.
- Depending on what was found, Malwarebytes may need to restart your computer. Press Yes to complete cleanup and restart your machine.