Configure VPN on Android Devices
Note: This app is only supported on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer.
- Navigate to Google Play and download AnyConnect VPN. Choose AnyConnect ICS+ and follow the prompts to install the app.
- Once AnyConnect is installed, open the app and accept the EULA (End User License Agreement), then tap Add New VPN Connectiong. Enter the information below in the fields as shown:
Server Address: cipher.richmond.edu
- Once urvpn is configured, navigate back to the main screen and tap on the menu button in the top right to access Settings.
- Under Settings, uncheck "Block Untrusted Servers" and press the back button.
- To connect to the VPN, tap on urvpn. Click continue if the "Security Warning: Untrusted Certificate" pop-up appears. Enter your NetID and Password and press OK.
- Click Accept on the VPN User Information window and check the "I trust this application" box to complete the connection. You should now be connected to the VPN and a key will appear in your taskbar.
- To disconnect, return to the AnyConnect VPN app and toggle the AnyConnect VPN switch to Off.