Microsoft Remote Desktop
NOTE: Any cost associated with an app is not covered by the University of Richmond, but paid for by the user. Apps are associated with your user account (i.e Apple ID, Microsoft Account, Google Account), not your device.
iOS 8.0 or later on iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch - Download
Android 4.0.3 and up - Download
Microsoft Remote Desktop can be used to connect to remote PCs from other devices. If you are remoting in to a computer from a device while Off-Campus, you must connect the VPN on your device first.
- Search for Microsoft Remote Desktop in the App Store.
- Tap on Free and then Install for the app.
- You will be required to sign in with your Apple ID. Enter your Apple ID password and then click OK.
- Once the app is installed, launch the App.
- Select Add Remote Desktop to setup a new connection.
- Enter a connection name. For the PC Name, you will need to enter the IP address of the computer that you are remoting in to. If you are not sure how to find the IP address, follow the instructions on the How to Find IP address page. Once you have the Connection Name and PC Name entered, click Save.
- Tap on the Desktop connection that was set up.
- Enter your Username as Richmond\netid and your network password. Click Logon.
- You may get a server certificate message. Select Connect Always.