Richmond Home

Frequently Asked Questions

What if there is an error on the monthly phone bill?
A user who has a concern about their bill, or who need a copy of their bill, should contact the telecom office at
Who receives my department Telecom bill and when does Telecom send it?
Each department has a designated contact who receives the Telecom bill via email. Telecom bills are sent no later than the 3rd of the month.
What are the long distance rates for calling within the United States?

All domestic calls are $.10 a minute twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

How do I get a new phone?
Department approval is required and users should have their index and account codes ready when they contact Telecom at for proper billing. Telecom can also help users determine the best phone to fit their needs. All new phones are installed by the Telecom technician.
Why isn't my phone ringing?

The ringer may be off or the phone may be forwarded directly to voice mail.

To cancel forwarding:

  • Pick up the receiver
  • Dial #2
  • Hang up
  • Pick up the receiver
  • Dial #8
  • Hang up
If this does not fix the problem please contact Telecom.

Telecom/Media Support

(804) 287-6500
Jepson Hall, Room G-2

After hours: 287-6500

Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.